There is so much choice when it comes to entertaining your guests and an increase of services that can come to you, the decision can be difficult.
We have put together a few things to consider when choosing and arranging your entertainment.
Budget is always a key factor along with the type of event and who your guests are. If you are hosting a children's party, a cocktail bar might be tempting but probably not appropriate ;)
Time is a big influence, when will the entertainment begin and end? Will it have it's own time slot such as a kid's entertainer? or will it run along side other elements of your event like singing butlers? It may be that the entertainment is centre to your doo! in which case your budget should reflect that.
Music is always a given and luckily nowadays you can make an appropriate playlist and leave it running. Just take into consideration the type of music that you are playing and that it won't offend any of your guests and check that the venue has an appropriate PA system for your phone/tablet/laptop.
Below is a quick checklist and next week we will be posting a long list of entertainment options.
- Venue - get permission first from your venue, they may have restrictions.
- Weather - is your entertainment dependant on good weather? If so make sure you have a back up plan if the heavens decide to open!
- Arrival, start and finish time - make sure they have time to set up.
- Recce - Do the performers need to visit the venue before to assess?
- Space - ensure there is enough space and that setting up won't disturb your guests.
- Payment - they may require payment in cash on the day - don't forget!
- Parking and unloading - speak to the venue (and council if needed) about designated parking if required close to loading doors etc.
- Contact - ensure that contact details are exchanged between yourself, the venue manager/representative and entertainment.
- Insurance - check they have insurance and if you will need to specify on your event insurance.
- Location - give the full address (including postcode) as well as directions if needed.
- Facilities - will they need a changing room, mirrors, tables, lights, meals and drinks etc?
- Who will look after them? - it may be that you need to designate a person, either one of your friends and family or venue staff to make sure that they have everything they need, drinks etc that person could also be the contact for when they arrive.
See you next time!